Tuesday, October 23, 2018

2018 World Series Prediction/Cheering

Tonight the 2018 World Series begins with Game 1 at Fenway Park between the National League Champion Los Angeles Dodgers and the American League Champion Boston Red Sox.





Every year I try and pick a team to root for because that makes it much better to watch and follow, although I've watched every single Series since 1968.


The only team I refuse to root for is the New York Yankees, and well, for the 9th straight year they're not playing, so it makes for a terrific Fall Classic.


There's a second team that, once in the day I would root for, and now, well, they simply have become the one other team I can't cheer for, and that's the Red Sox.




It's a direct result of my Detroit Tigers losing to the BoSox in the 2013 A.L. Championship Series and then having Dave Dombrowski, the Tigers GM who simply couldn't put together a bullpen in Detroit, leaving the Tigers and going to Boston in 2016, throwing money at former Tigers David Price and J.D. Martinez, creating the current A.L. Champs.


That's why, even though I predict that the BoSox will beat the Dodgers...in 7 games, I'll be cheering on the Dodgers to beat Boston, and win the first World Series since 1988.


Let's hope that no matter the outcome, it all comes down to that final 9th inning of the 7th game at Fenway Park...the last baseball game of the season.



As I try to do in every post this month, let's remember it National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and no one in the blogging community is doing more than Collecting Cutch, who reminds us every day that it's our duty to Save The Boobies!



Enjoy the World Series, and... PLAY BALL! ⚾️



1 comment:

  1. Part of me is rooting for the Red Sox just to annoy the handful of friends/co-workers who are Yankees fans.

    ReplyDelete