Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Kershaw Appreciation

Clayton Kershaw has always been one of my favorite pitchers, and as a non-official Dodgers observer, I need to post an appreciation after L.A. beat the Rays last night to win the World Series.



( This was FREE to all Topps BUNT users after the Dodgers Win last night.)



Clayton Kershaw was drafted by the Dodgers in the 1st round of the 2006 MLB Draft, the 7th overall pick.


( Again, I apologise for the lack of photography skills with my LG phone.)

This pink card of Kershaw is also a reminder that we have only four days left in Collecting Cutch's SAVE SECOND BASE posts, so, please, make your way to today's post. 






➡️ FYI- My Detroit Tigers had the 6th pick, and chose another lefty, Andrew Miller.

🐯⚾ We Tigers fans can only imagine a staff of both Kershaw and Justin Verlander for the past 12 years. 



☀️☀️ Well, if the Dodgers hadn't drafted Clayton, then we wouldn't have been able to see him pitch for our Double-A Jacksonville Suns in the late 2000s. 


➡️ As I've stated several times, I've followed the Dodgers since I was 13 years old, rooting for them against the Oakland A's, the team I disliked so much for beating my Tigers in the 1972 ALCS... including Game 5 at Tiger Stadium.

I cheered on Steve Garvey, my favorite L.A. Dodgers player, along with Cey, Russell, Lopes, Dusty Baker, Reggie Smith, and all the other players against the Yankees in 1977/1978..both losses to the Bronx Bombers.

It was fun watching the 1981 Dodgers redeem itself against the Yankees, and, in 1988, as Orel Hershiser and former Tigers slugger Kirk Gibson beat the A's.

💙⚾ One Dodgers player that I wish was still on this championship club is another former JAX Suns player, Matt Kemp.



Congrats also goes out to the Rays, a club that played as hard as any team that I've seen in my 54 years watching big league baseball. 

👉 I also voted for the amazing Randy Arozarena on the Fan's MVP Vote last night.

No player had a bigger impact on the 2020 playoffs than that amazing young man did.

It'll be interesting how he starts off the 2021 season...I hope he knows we'll all be rooting for him to continue his success.



Hope y'all are having an awesome Wednesday, and, as always, thank for taking time out of your busy day to read my blog.


Play Ball! 💙⚾💙⚾💙⚾💙⚾💙⚾💙⚾


2 comments:

  1. Very happy for Kershaw and the Dodgers. But especially Kershaw, Betts, and Buehler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a lifetime diehard Dodger fan, I really appreciate the joy the Dodgers have brought to Dodger Nation. Also I really appreciate and tip my cap to blog posts like this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete