Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Tigers Card Tuesday... Blown Away by Collecting Cutch

I'm 60 years old, yet, yesterday, after opening a package from Brian of Collecting Cutch, I was brought to actual tears.


A baseball card shouldn't make a person as old as me cry, but that's exactly what happened when I gazed upon this.



                1955 Bowman #23 Al Kaline


➡️ Three months ago, while reading a post by The Lost Collector,  a simple comment from yours truly turned into this 1955 Bowman Al Kaline.


⚾ 1955 was a good year in baseball with the Brooklyn Dodgers winning their only World Series title, and Kaline becoming the youngest batting champion.



๐Ÿ“ฝ️ 1955 was also the yearayear movie called Some Like It Hot much made a young woman named Marilyn Monroe a global superstar.



This picture is one of the most famous in cinema history, and Marilyn would've definitely been a sure fire first ballot Save Second Base inductee.


๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€

We're only a month and a half away from CUTCH's annual event to raise awareness to Breast Cancer, raising funds to ensure that at least one woman may have access to a much needed mammogram.

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€


I've already thanked Brian on Twitter, but I need to publicly do so.

His posts are always entertaining, and his generosity over the years continues to impact collectors across the blogosphere.


Please make sure to set your calenders for October 1st, and, keep an eye on those big league leaders in DOUBLES, information that just might be valuable. 



Anthony Rendon was my choice (and winner) for National Leader leader in DOUBLES in 2019.


Have a great Tuesday night...and, heck, PLAY BALL! ⚾





4 comments:

  1. Blogger generosity never seizes to amaze me. Awesome Kaline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome John. It was never my intention to make you cry, but I knew that simple comment from 3 months ago would make you happy. Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Kaline. As a Nats fan that Rendon almost makes me cry. I agree with him as the doubles leader. The man is a doubles machine that is why I love calling him Tony "Two Bags".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Kaline. I've never chased any set earlier than my '57T, but that '55 Bowman has tempted me more than once.

    ReplyDelete