Thursday, August 6, 2020

2020 National Baseball Card Day Checklist

This morning Topps released the complete checklist for this Saturday's National Baseball Card Day.


I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little sad and  disappointed that my #1 PC guy, Matthew Boyd, isn't the Tigers player in this year's set.




Nothing against the great Miguel Cabrera, but this will be the 3rd year in a row that the big man has been the Tigers representative, and another player, like Boyd, or JaCoby Jones, would've been nice.


I do hope to get the card of Miggy in my FREE pack, as well as future HOFers Justin Verlander and Yadier Molina.

In addition to my local shop, I'm hoping to find the hanger boxes at both Walmart and Target as part of my day.

I'm glad to see that Topps has included both retail giants in the event, a nice outlet for those in markets w/o a participating card shop in their area.


I've never pulled a signature card, but hey, you never know.





It's gonna be interesting to see how the Luis Robert card will go for on the secondary market, not for me, but for kids who are White Sox fans and don't get the exciting young ballplayer in their pack.


Are you planning on participating this year, what player(s) are you hoping to get in your pack?


Have an awesome Thursday, and I hope you get to participate in National Baseball Card Day... Play Ball!




4 comments:

  1. I don't know. Last year Topps listed four participating shops in my area, but only one was ACTUALLY participating, and in fact one of them was the home of an online seller! Even if I could count on the places participating, I really don't know that I'm willing to go into a store under current conditions just for some free baseball cards. They really are being irresponsible in having this now. Compare it to 7-11 which canceled Free Slurpee Day this year to avoid drawing crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m hoping to hit up a few shops in Southern California. Not a terrible checklist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I want these cards, I'm also undecided as to whether I want to take a risk visiting a local card shop. It's likely I'll stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just as sad that Machado is representing the Padres and not Tatis. I guess I can't complain though, since they had him sign autographs for the promotion.

    ReplyDelete