Wednesday, August 5, 2020

2021 Topps Baseball Cards

Today Topps released the first image for it's 2021 Flagship Baseball cards.


It looks again as if, as was the case w/ 2020 Series 1, I'll have to actually wait until I have the cards in hand before giving the cards a 👍 or a 👎, w/ Tigers cards being the ultimate yes, or, no, obviously. 😊

                Photo courtesy of Topps.



One thing of notice is that the players name seems way to small, and that's something I hope changes.


The other thing is the return of borders on the cards, something not seen in quite a while.


Oh, and the Topps 70th Year logo looks pretty cool.



What are your thoughts? 🤔


Have a great day... Play Ball! ⚾

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me a lot of 2019 Donruss.

    Very happy to see borders back. You do make a good point about the name being too small. I'm not sure what to make of the empty box on the left-hand side, but overall it's not bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it looked like a Panini product from the past. Just wasn't sure which one. Normally I like to wait to see if a design grows on me, but I don't think this one will.

      Delete
  2. Name too small.
    No team name.
    Distracting diagonal lines jutting into the photo for no reason.
    Small hash lines on the left side of the photo for no reason.
    Honeycomb design behind the photo (why?)


    I'm not sure why I even posted here, as I have absolutely no interest in current Topps cards, and have not for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Topps design has room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete