Saturday, August 29, 2020

Chadwick Boseman, 1977-2020

Chadwick Boseman, the actor who portrayed Jackie Robinson in the movie "42," has passed away.

Boseman was just, and you cannot make stuff like this up, just 42 years young.


I was literally just finishing up my Jackie Robinson Day post, watching the Mets/Yankees game on the MLB Network, when Matt Vasgersian broke the news to the viewers.


Only in this crappy year of 2020 can we lose a brilliant young man that portrayed Jackie Robinson... on the very day that all of MLB celebrated the 75th Anniversary of Robinson signing with the Brooklyn Dodgers.


If you've never seen "42," I can only say that it's worth every second of your time.



🎥 Boseman also portrayed legendary Syracuse Heisman Trophy Winning running back Ernie Davis in "The Express," former Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall ("MARSHALL"), and, probably, most famously, played the lead role in the Marvel blockbuster "Wakanda."

💯 I saw Black Panther...an amazing movie, but have yet to see Marshall...that needs to change this weekend.


🌈 I'm closing this post, I must say that I have already prayed for God's blessings on Chadwick, and that He watch over the young man's friends and family during this time of need.


If you're of faith, I hope you'll say a prayer for Chadwick Boseman, and his family.


Rest in Peace, young man. 🙏


3 comments:

  1. Woke up to this news this morning and was deeply saddened. Boseman almost always had this genuine smile on his face. I haven't watched 42 yet, but saw him in Black Panther (and the other Marvel movies he appeared in). Maybe I'll try to sit down and watch it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boseman also played James Brown in Get On Up and Thurgood Marshall in Marshall. That's an amazing trifecta of civil rights icons. Plus he was in an episode of Fringe before he hit the big time. Such a loss. It seems like he really connected with some kids who were also fighting cancer, which I'm sure brought them a lot of joy.

    Turns out he was born in 1976, so he was actually 43.

    ReplyDelete