Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day! to all the great baseball Dad's and single Mom's who make it possible for kids to play the great game of baseball.







In 1976 and 1985 Topps released some neat baseball cards with famous ballplayers and their big league Dad's.








My favorite was always the cards of Ray and Bob Boone, because Ray was a terrific 3rd Baseman for my Detroit Tigers in the 1950s.








With all the great big league Father and Sons who've played in the big leagues since these cards were released, I'd love to see Topps bring this set back.

.

My favorite, of course, would be Big Daddy Cecil Fielder and his Son, Prince Fielder, who both played baseball in Motown for my Tigers.







   ⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾Happy Father's Day! ⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾




Play Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment