Monday, April 24, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge... Day 13

Day 13 of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge is a baseball card that you like from the 1990s.



I debated about this for a while, because, well, I've tried not to make this about the Detroit Tigers, my favorite team, but it really came down to the fact that in the 1990s baseball card collecting for me was all about one guy.... Big Daddy!



Cecil Fielder  was the most feared hitter in baseball for three years... 1990-91-92... and yes, he did that wearing the Olde English D of my beloved Tigers.



        
                         ðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸ My Autographed 1992 Topps #599 Cecil Fielder 🌟🌟🌟



While I wasn't present when Big Daddy signed this card, it remains my favorite card of the Tigers slugging First Baseman.




Collecting as many Big Daddy cards as possible for the first half of the decade, I went to every baseball card store and card show that I could get to, and opened as many packs of cards that I could to afford to...and then some...all because of the best slugger the Tigers had since I was a kid.








Cecil Fielder remains one of my All-Time favorite Detroit Tigers baseball players, and I hope to add to my collection of his cards....I've seen some newer relic cards I didn't even know about.


Next up, a favorite baseball card from the 2000s...not a great decade for cards, but I have one in mind.


Play Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment