Tuesday, October 11, 2016

My 2016 Baseball Bloggers Alliance Awards Ballot... American League

Where does the baseball season go...wasn't it just yesterday that we were all excited about pitchers and catchers reporting to Spring Training?


Yes, it seems like it, but in reality we've gone through another terrific season of big league baseball for 7 months now....and we're a few games from the championship series to determine the participants in the World Series.


2016 was my 50th year as a baseball fan...1967 was a very, very long time ago...a time of turmoil in our country, and in Detroit, home of my beloved Tigers.


My Uncle Bob took us to Tiger Stadium that tumultuous year...heck, I was just 7, my brother Robert was 6...we didn't know anything about the racial and political protests going on in America...we just loved baseball.


The Tigers lost a close Pennant race in 1967...much like the team did this year in missing out of a Wild Card berth on the final day of the season.


⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾


I started writing this blog in April of 2010, and for the past several years I've been honored to vote for my choices of Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, the Walter Johnson Award Winner for best pitcher, and the Stan Musial Award for the MVP of each league for the Baseball Bloggers Alliance.


Just so you know...

My pre-season choices for CY Young Awards...the Tigers Justin Verlander and the Cardinals Adam Wainwright.

My MVP picks... Jose Altuve of the Astros and Paul Goldschmidt of the Diamondbacks.




⚾ Here are my choices for the best of the American League in 2016...


⚾⚾ American League Rookie of the Year

1. Michael Fulmer, Detroit Tigers

2. Gary Sanchez, New York Yankees

3. Tyler Naquin, Cleveland Indians.



⚾⚾ American League Manager of the Year

1. Terry Franconia, Cleveland Indians 

2. Brad Ausmus, Detroit Tigers

3. John Gibbons, Toronto Blue Jays




⚾⚾ American League Cy Young Award

1. Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers 

2. Rick Parcello, Boston Red Sox

3. Jay Happy, Toronto Blue Jays



⚾⚾ American League Most Valuable Player

1. Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox

2. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers

3. Adrian Beltre, Texas Rangers


⚾⚾⚾ There it is...my ballot.


1 comment: