Thursday, October 20, 2016

Baseball and 2016 Spirit Day

Today is a special day across our country.


Today is Spirit Day in America.








We stand up to all bullying in our country, respecting the rights of all people, regardless of their sexual orientation.



We stand up for inclusion in our lives, and that includes Major League Baseball.






I've never understood bullies, never understood why some people have to validate their lives by bullying other people, especially children, because they have a different belief in life.


They tried to bully me in my Freshman year of high school,  the bullies...but they failed...I refused to fight kids who were calling me names, trying to get me to break...they wanted a reason to beat me up...I refused to let them.



After I refused to give them credence to being jerks, they never bothered me again.



It's not that easy for young people anymore...the hatred and bullying of kids has gotten horrible becase the bullies can now use the Internet and Social Media to bully their targets.


My heart goes out to all those who have been, are being, will be bulied.


May God reach out and grab the hearts of those in despair...those being bullied...and to those who are the bullies...may He reach deep into their hearts to help them understand that what they are doing is wrong...that all people have the right to be happy, to be free, and to live the lifestyle that they live in peace.



I have two beautiful young women in my family who are Gay, and they are magnificent, talented, and loving people.


They have every right to their lives, to choose how to live them, to love that one special person in their lives, and to pursue the happiness that they seek


No bully...and certainly not any politician...has the right to tell either of them how to live their lives.




Play Ball!




No comments:

Post a Comment