Sunday, June 29, 2014

My 2014 Big League All-Star Game Starters

Here's my  Baseball Bloggers Alliance ballot for the MLB All-Star Game at Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

The 85th edition of baseball's mid summer classic is on July 15, and will be televised nationally by FOX.

Before I list my starters for each league, let me first explain what it's been like for me the first 3 1/2 months of the baseball season.

For the first time in a very long time I haven't been able to watch much baseball on TV.

I haven't had cable TV, or the Internet in my house since early March.

The only live games I've seen are the Saturday night games on FOX Baseball Night in America.

My smartphone isn't very good, either, and it won't stream games from MLB.TV.

So, all I've know of baseball is from my Twitter feed, my Facebook page, and articles and stats from the MLB At Bat APP.

I haven't seen one Detroit Tigers game on TV, but I follow my beloved team through the broadcast by Dan Dickerson and Jim Price through the At Bat APP.

I've also had a chance to listen to a few other broadcast games through the At Bat APP, and have done my best to follow the game as best I could.

OK, with that said, here are my choices, right, or wrong, for both the American and National League's starters for this year's game.

**********American League*********

Catcher...Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals

First Base... Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers

Second Base... Jose Altuve, Houston Astros

Third Base... Josh Donaldson, Oakland Athletics

Shortstop... Alexi Ramirez, Chicago White Sox

Outfielders... Mike Trout, L.A. Angels of Anaheim

Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays

Yoenis Cespedes, Oakland A's

Designated Hitter.. Victor Martinez, Detroit Tigers

**********National League**********

Catcher...Jonathan LuCroy, Milwaukee Brewers

First Base... Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona Diamondbacks

Second Base... Chase Utley, Philadelphia Phillies

Third Base...Todd Frazier, Cincinnati Reds

Shortstop...Troy Tulowitzli, Colorado Rockies

Outfielders... Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins

Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers

Andrew McCutcheon, Pittsburgh Pirates

***No DH for NL squad***

I've rooted for the American League every year I've been a baseball fan, and I like the fact that every team has a representative at the game.

My favorite All-Star Game will probably always be the 1971 game, held for the third, and final time at old Tiger Stadium in Detroit.

The American League won the game, 6-4.

The one thing I'm still waiting for is a All-Star Game MVP from a Tigers player.

Maybe Miguel Cabrera, Ian Kinsler, or Victor Martinez can make that happen this year in Minneapolis.

GO AAMERICAN LEAGUE!




No comments:

Post a Comment