Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Tigers Card Tuesday...2015 New Hampshire Fisher Cats Matt Boyd

A couple of weeks ago I received a awesome package from my friend Paul, of Scribbled Inc.

Paul recently moved from the Detroit area to New Hampshire, so this card for tonight is quite appropriate.

📝 I'll make another post on the package contents, but I wanted to post the card that made me smile the most when I saw it.





Matt Boyd's 2015 New Hampshire Fisher Cats card is the first minor league card in my Boyd collection, and is card #71 in the #BoydBinder .


📍 Looking up Matt's stats during his one season of Double-A baseball in Manchester, NH, the then Toronto Blue Jays farm hand went 6-1, w/ a 1.10 ERA, punching out 70 batters in 73 2/3 IP.


You can certainly see why Toronto was excited about the young lefty out of Oregon State, and why Detroit wanted him.

📍The Tigers acquired Boyd at the deadline in 2015 in a deal that sent David Price to the Blue Jays.


I definitely need to add more minor league cards of Boyd, and I might go the team set route to get them.


Thanks for taking time out of your day to read my blog, and, thanks Paul, for being a terrific friend.


Have a great night baseball fans, and, until we get together again... Play Ball! ⚾

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy team issued minor league cards. John, you haven't been by the PP page in awhile. I can always start a stack for you. Never know when there may be a stray cat or two in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget to look. I have old JAX Suns cards from my times going to their games, and I still have my 1985 Tidewater Tides set from my one visit there when I was in Navy Barber School.

      I'll go give it a look, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I find the team set route often leads to more reasonable prices. I'd say half of the time I pick up a minor league cards I want... I end up getting the whole team set. Best of luck tracking down more Boyds.

    ReplyDelete