Friday, January 18, 2019

Detroit Tigers 2019 Series 1 Topps

I was reading about all the Robin Yount baseball cards in 2019 Series One Topps over at  The Yount Collector tonight , and I thought, hey, what a good idea.


Because there's only one (1) Matt Boyd card, here's all the Topps Detroit Tigers cards that will be released on January 30th.





🐯 Series 1 Base

• James McCann
• Jeimer Candelario
• Joe Jimenez
• Jordan Zimmerman
Matthew Boyd
• Michael Fulmer
• Miguel Cabrera
• Nicholas Castellanos
• Niko Goodrum
• Shane Greene

Base Card (Clear Variation)
• Miguel Cabrera
• Nicholas Castellanos


🐯 Superstars of Baseball

• SSB-39 Nicholas Castellanos
• SSB- 60 Miguel Cabrera


🐯 150 Years of Baseball

• 150- 14 Ty Cobb
• 150- 27 Ty Cobb
• 150- 74  Miguel Cabrera
• 150- 77 Al Kaline
• 150- 84 Ty Cobb
• 150- 101 Ty Cobb
• 150- 107 Miguel Cabrera


🐯 Evolution

• EO- 8 Ty Cobb
• EO- 8 Miguel Cabrera


🐯 Greatness Returns

▪ GR- 11 Ty Cobb (w/ Bryce Harper)


🐯 Iconic Card Reprints

• ICR- 1 Ty Cobb
• ICR- 2 Ty Cobb
• ICR- 7 Al Kaline
• ICR- 23 Justin Verlander

Relic Box Exclusive

🐯 Grapefruit League Greats

• GLG- 7 Ty Cobb
• GLG- 20 Al Kaline


🐯 150 Greatest Cards Redemption Cards

• Al Kaline 1954 Topps #201
• Alan Trammell (w/ Paul Molitor)
1978 Topps #797

Hobby/HTA Exclusive 


🐯 150th Anniversary Manufactured Medallion Relic Cards

• AMM-AK  Al Kaline
• AMM-TC  Ty Cobb


Retail Relic Box Exclusive 

• AMP-MC  Miguel Cabrera 
• AMP-TC  Ty Cobb 


🐯 Major League Material Relic

• MLM-MCA  Miguel Cabrera 




🐯 1984 Topps Baseball Relics

• 84R- NC Nicholas Castellanos



🐯 Historic Homes Relic Cards

• HHR-5  Tiger Stadium 


🐯 Cut Signatures 


• CS- CG  Charlie Gehringer
• CS- GK  George Kell
• CS- HG  Hank Greenberg
• CS- TC   Ty Cobb


🐯 Legacy of Baseball Autographs

• LBA- NG  Niko Goodrum



🐯 1984 Topps Baseball Autograph Variations

• 84A-AK  Al Kaline



WOW... 44 Tigers cards in Series 1! 


🐯 There are certainly more Tigers cards in Series 1 than I thought there would be, and that makes for much more interest than I thought I'd originally have for my team.

🐯 The most awesome card that I hope to obtain somehow is without a doubt the Tiger Stadium Relic Card... it's terrific to see the Grand Olde Lady that used to sit at ye olde corner of Michigan & Trumbull get some hobby love!



🐯 10 Tigers players are in Series 1...that's gotta be the most in quite a few years.

🐯 ⚾️πŸ‘The Georgia Peach πŸ‘ leads all Tigers players with 12 cards in Series 1.

🐯 Niko Goodrum autograph card is very cool.

🐯 I can only dream that I'd actually pull a Tigers Cut Signatures card.


⚾️ What cards are you looking to collect in Topps Series 1?

Will you focus on a particular player, team, or sub set?

My hope is to get all 10 Tigers base cards, the Tiger Stadium relic card, and the Niko Goodrum autographed card.

One player not in Series 1 is BIG John Hicks, and I hope he'll be in Heritage and Series 2.



Have a great weekend...and, as always, PLAY BALL! 🐯⚾️

8 comments:

  1. I see that people are already complaining on Twitter about the Ty Cobb cards. I'm guessing that they wouldn't be doing so if a player on their team had so many cards in the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. If I counted correctly there's 39 different card variations of Yount. Try and chasing them all will be quite the task.

      There are several blogs I've come across that list all of one player or team, but only now did I decide to post myself.

      Delete
  3. I was complaining! My complaint is that for a 2019 baseball set that is primarily meant to highlight your current team, 1/4 of all the cards are of Ty Cobb. Why do this? In 2009 Topps put Cobb into its set as a variation, and I loved it. I still think the variation base cards are cool. But since then there have been nearly 200 Ty Cobb cards in the main Topps release. It is overkill and I am burnt out. Do we need 22 Cobb cards in a single 2019 release? Rather, do we need 22 cards of any single player, for any team, in a single card release? I say no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *12 cards* not 22. I still stand by my prior comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man... Topps has sure killed "inserts" for me. I loved the concept back in the day when they were limited. It felt good to open a pack and discover something that was actually limited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff . Good luck on your stadium relic hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old Ty is my main PC. Of course, I'm happy to know he'll have so many cards. Until I see them however, I'm not planning a full-out chase. I expect the picture selections will be the same old shots Topps has used for years. I do find the base design boring. Parallels might be nicer. Good luck on your pursuit!

    ReplyDelete