Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Game 7

Tonight all baseball fans will sit down in front of our televisions to watch one final game of the 2017 Big League Baseball Season... Game 7 of the World Series. 









The Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers will take the field tonight at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles to put a bow on a magnificent year of baseball.




I was hoping to post today about a Astros win in Game 6....my Series prediction...but the Dodgers case away with a 3-1 win.




This has been a weird Series for me to watch.


Early on in my baseball fandom I learned about the Dodgers...their history of playing in Brooklyn, becoming the best team in the National League upon the arrival of a man named Jackie Robinson, winning the 1955 World Series...and the heart breaking move to Los Angeles.




The Brooklyn Dodgers are my favorite team that doesn't play anymore...yes, I separate the old Brooklyn Dodgers from the current team in Los Angeles...just something I do...like separating the current Washington Nationals from the old Montreal Expos.


I love the Brooklyn Dodgers.


I cheered on the L.A. Dodgers in 1974, 77, and 78, only to see the Dodgers lose...and I rooted for them with Series Championships in 1981 and 1988.




That said, I'm also a fan of Astros RHP Justin Verlander, who pitched for my beloved Detroit Tigers for 12 years before agreeing to be traded to the Astros on August 31st.


His success in Houston is surreal, because we wanted one more run for our Tigers with JV as our ACE.


I wanted Verlander to win his first championship last night...he gave up just 2 runs, losing for the first time in a Houston uniform, as the Dodgers beat the Astros in another great game played by these two teams.




Tonight, Game 7... if Houston wins I'll be happy for Verlander...and former Tigers outfielder Cameron Maybin, who was traded to the Astros by the Angels over the summer.



If the Dodgers win, well, I'll be happy also, because of a man named Rich Hill... a terrific former Michigan Wolverine pitcher who's made a magnificent comeback the past few years, and for another former Tigers player, Curtis Granderson.

At one time all three players...Verlander, Granderson, and Maybin, were in the Tigers organization...both Verlander and Granderson were on the 2006 American League Pennant winning team in Detroit.


As a baseball fan Game 7 is a way to say thanks one last time to all the ballplayers that made 2017 a year to remember.



Good Luck know to the fans of both teams...good luck!



Play Ball!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a great series. I am so happy for the Astros victory. Happy for the former Pirates Francisco Liriano and Charlie Morton (who I supercollect), happy for JV, happy for the city of Houston, and happy for future Hall of Famer Carlos Beltran.

    ReplyDelete