Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Falling off the Scooter

I hate days like today.


I've spent most of the day in pain as my arthritis beat down my body...I'm use to it, but today was particularly bad, as it caused me to pay very little attention to any social media.



My day...take meds, eat, watch TV, sleep, take more meds, watch some TV, sleep.


I wasn't myself, and my train of thought really wasn't good, my focus was all about the pain...not baseball, which during the regular season is something I think about even when I'm sleeping.



The thing about baseball is that you simply don't know what's going to happen in a ballgame...162 game days...never the same thing twice.



If you lose, well, tomorrow there's another game to play.



That's how my health is, except it's literally hour by hour most days.



Today I missed something that only happened 16 times before tonight...I missed it because my pain wouldn't allow me to follow the magic that happened at The Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati tonight.



Scooter Gennett, a average big league ball payer with the Cincinnati Reds,, had the game of his life, going 5-5, with 4 home runs and 10 RBI.




                                                        Click to enlarge

                                                          I couldn't find a Reds card of Scooter.




Not only was Scooter the 17th player, and the first Reds player to smack 4 dingers in a game, he became the very first batter in the 141 years of the big leagues to go 5-5, collect 10 RBI and bang 4 homers...THE FIRST!



Ken Rosenthal of  FOX Sports has 8 things you didn't know about Scooter Gennett.


Jay Jaffe of Sports Illustrated shows us just how impressive Scooter's 4 HRs were.





As usual, I'll have Quick Pitch with Heidi Whatney on at 1 am...I'll see all the baseball highlights, watch Scooter's 4 HRs, and hope that I fall asleep before the Tigers loss comes up on the screen.



Here's hoping for a much better day tomorrow... PLAY BALL!





1 comment:

  1. i can only imagine your pain. I battle arthritis in my knees, hands and back. Some days it's almost too much to get out of bed. Hang in there friend!

    ReplyDelete