Friday, April 3, 2015

Riccardo Ingram (1966-2015)

Former Georgia Tech baseball and football player Riccardo Ingram has passed away at the age of 48.




Riccardo Benay Ingram was born on September 10, 1966, in Douglas, Georgia.







Riccardo attended Coffee High School in Douglas before playing baseball and football for the Yellow Jackets were in became the ACC Athlete of the Year in 1986.





Riccardo was selected  by the Detroit Tigers in the 4th round of the 1987 amatuer draft,  making his big league debut on June 26, 1994.




In 12 games in '94 Ingram had 5 base hits in 23 at bats, with 2 RBI and 3 runs scored for the Tigers.






In 1995 with the Minnesota Twins Riccardo appeated in 4 games, playing his final game in the big leagues on July 30.




Ingram became a long serving minor league coach in the Twins organization, mentoring young Twins players like Torri Hunter and Denard Span.



I'd like to say I remember Riccardo, that I could tell you that I saw him play college football in a ACC game, or that I remember him in his brief career with the Tigers, my baseball team, but, sadly, for myself, I cannot.



I learned of Riccardo's passing on Twitter this morning, and I wish to send my deepest of condolences to his friends and family on their loss.




May God Bless Riccardo and his family.






No comments:

Post a Comment