Friday, December 17, 2010

Rapid Robert Feller

Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Feller passed away on Wednesday, at the age of 92.

I had the pleasure of meeting Feller, at a Jacksonville Suns game back in the late 1980's.

Feller was a true gentleman of the game, and he loved to talk baseball with fans.

He took time to sign a picture for me, and to tell me about facing off against the great Detroit Tigers teams of the day.

Feller was a great pitcher, the winner of 266 big league games, who served our country in WWII, in the Navy.

It's sad, to me, to lose these wonderful big league men who played so long ago.

I love the history of our great game, and listening to Feller talk baseball was a thrill, in person, and on TV.
I will always remember that talk with Feller, as special a man as you would ever have met.






No comments:

Post a Comment