Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Tigers Card Tuesday... 1975 Topps Catchers/Outfielders

This is my first Tigers Card Tuesday using the new Blogger, and I'm hoping it works out. 


A couple of weeks ago Jon from A Penny Sleeves had a Free Card Friday post and one of the cards still available was this 1975 Topps Rookie Catchers cards.


1975 Topps #630, Rookie Catchers & Outfielders


๐ŸŽฏ While Gary Carter is the obvious best player on the card, the two Tigers players, 
Danny Meyer, and Leon Roberts, were two promising young ballplayers that only lasted a couple of years in Motown. 

▶️ Meyer (1976 Expansion Draft), and Roberts (1977 trade to Seattle), were good ballplayers, but had to make way for a couple of power hitting guys named Steve Kemp, and Jason Thompson.

๐Ÿค” I always forget about the '75 RC of Roberts, because of his 1976 Topps Card. (NOT pictured because of the NEW Blogger...?)



Thanks, again, Jon, for this amazing baseball card.



Have a great week, and, as always, remember to PLAY BALL! ๐Ÿฏ⚾



3 comments:

  1. I wish I would've had a few more copies to give away, as there was an awful lot of interest in that card, but to the victor go the spoils :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two Tigers on the card, of course it's popular! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I've been shopping for this card, and would have loved to have it. But I can't complain at all about the Carlos Beltrรกn SN /63 I ended up with, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete