Friday, July 27, 2018

My Hobby Card Bucket List

What's your Hobby Bucket List?

That's what Billy  over at Cardboard History.  asked bloggers, and I thought I'd give this a shot.


Baseball cards have been part of my life since longer than I can really remember, and there's always been cards and things related to cards that I'd really like to do one day, things that I wish I'd done when I was much younger and had the money to do them.


Baseball and collecting baseball cards were all that cared about when I was a young boy, and some 50 years later its still true.


Here's just a few things I'd like to accomplish.


🐯 Own a 1954 Topps Al Kaline RC

I don't need a graded Kaline RC, and I don't need a card that's perfect, or excellent, heck, I'll take a RC of Mr. Tiger in good condition and that I can afford.






⚾️ Visit Topps.

I've always wanted to go to the Topps headquarters and tour the place where baseball card magic has come alive since the early 1950s.

I know it's got to be a magical place.







🐯  Own every Bill Freehan auto/relic card numbered /11.

OK, I know this is probably impossible, but the one card I have, a Freehan card #11/25, is one of my favorite Freehan cards.

I don't have the financial resources to chase /11 Freehan cards, but, hey, maybe there's a few trades to be made.





🐯 Own one Ty Cobb tobacco card.

Oh, to own a tobacco card of the greatest Tigers ballplayer of them all, Tyrus Raymond Cobb. 

The Georgia Peach isn't cheap, but, again, I wouldn't expect to get a graded card...maybe there's a few out there of lesser condition that'll find it's way to me.






⚾️ Attend the 2019 National Sports Collector Convention to be held in Chicago.




I have been to one National, in Atlanta, a long time ago, early 1990s, but since my blog, and being on social media, there's so many great people that I'd love to meet, including Billy, who started this conversation, and, was also my Secret Santa last Christmas.

Next year the show is back in Chicago, and that's when I'm hoping to go and meet all the great card collectors out there.


🐯  Get my 1963 Topps Bill Freehan RC Graded.






This just seems to be difficult for me, in that, I just can't send it in the mail, as it's never been out of my possession since that spring day in 1981 that I bought it for a mere $10 at a Jacksonville card shop.

Maybe, one day, if I'm at a card show and there's a graded person there, and I can afford it, I'll be able to get it done.


Well, there's a few of the things that, one day, I'd like to accomplish for my collection.

I'm sure there's more, but it's taken me a week to type this out  so I'm stopping for now.


Thanks for reading, and  as always, PLAY BALL! ⚾️














3 comments:

  1. Cool list! The National does have grading companies there, all of them I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for starting this blog topic...keep up the great work!

      Delete
  2. Great list! Don't think I ever thought about visiting Topps... but that would definitely be cool.

    ReplyDelete