Tuesday, January 23, 2018

My 2018 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Its that time again.

We're less than a week away from the announcement by the Baseball Hall of Fame of the players who've been elected for enshrinement into Cooperstown,  New York this summer.





The players elected will join Jack Morris and Alan Trammell, who were elected into the HOF in December by theVeteran's Committee.


As always, here's my criteria...

⚾️ First... My Eye Test.

I've been watching baseball since 1967, and I've watched games on TV, in person, and read newspaper box scores every day for about 40 years...I know what a HOF ballplayer looked like...I don't care what his analytics are... don't need to know what a players WAR, or BABIP is to know if he belongs.

⚾️ Second... If a ballplayer abused steroids to help him achieve stats and cheat the game and it's history, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Village of Cooperstown. 



🇺🇸 My 2018 Hall of Fame Ballot 🇺🇸

⚾️ Chipper Jones

⚾️ Vladamir Guerrero 

⚾️ Edgar Martinez

⚾️ Trevor Hoffman 

⚾️ Jim Thome

⚾️ Curt Schilling

⚾️ Andruw Jones

⚾️ Larry Walker

Always remember, there is no right, or wrong ballot, just a baseball fans belief in who's the best if the best.

The Baseball Writers' Association of America was founded in 1908, and has voted for every HOF Class since 1936, when the inaguaral class of Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth, Christy Mathewson  and Walter Johnson were elected. 


The 2018 HOF Class will be revealed on the MLB Network next Wednesday, January 24th, at 6pm.


Play Ball! 

No comments:

Post a Comment