Thursday, December 10, 2015

The 25 Best Big League Baseball Players NOT in the Hall of Fame

Historical baseball writer /blogger Graham Womack has an article on Sporting News that asks you, the baseball fan, who  are the 25 best big league ballplayers NOT in the Hall of Fame.


You can read the article and find the link to vote right here.



As for my ballot, well, here are the 25 ballplayers that I think deserve to be in the HOF.


First off, let me say this... I only voted for the 25 players I believe belong in the HOF...you can also vote NO for a player /players you think don't belong.




I didn't vote NO  for any players because I believe that would not allow for me to give players I believe desreve to be in Cooperstown a voice.



That means that I didn't vote for Barry Bonds, or any other ballplayer that I believe took steroids and performance enhancing drugs.

I didn't vote for Pete Rose, but I did vote YES on Shoeless Joe Jackson of the 1919 ChiSox.


These 25 ballplayers are the men who I think gave all they had on the diamonds since the 1869 Cincinnati Reds started to play baseball.


Alan Trammell 

Bill Freehan 

Dale Murphy

Don Mattingly 

Don Newcombe

Edgar Martinez 

Gil Hodges 

Jack Morris 

Jeff Bagwell 

Jim Kaat

Ken Griffey  Jr.

Lou Whitaker 

Mickey Lolich 

Mike Piazza 

Roger Maris 

Sadahara Oh

Shoeless Joe Jackson 

Tim Raines

Trevor Hoffman 

Steve Garvey

Lefty O'Doul

Larry Walker

Harold Baines

Curt Flood

Charlie Bennett



The 25 big league ballplayers above are my best choices for the HOF, but they're not the only list, because every baseball fan has their own thoughts on who should be elected.


For all of those who think I'm a Detroit Tigers homer fan because I selected Trammell, Freehan, Morris, Whitaker, and Lolich, well, hey, guilty as charged, including 19th Century player Charlie Bennett.


Just so you know, I didn't vote for Norm Cash and RockyColivito either, both former Tigers teammates in the early 1960s.


There is a question after the vote that asks " True or False,  There are too many people in the Hall of Fame."


As the article by Graham Womack notes, over 18,000 ballplayers have played in the big leagues, and as of today, there are only 310 ballplayers in the Baseball Hall of Fame.


Needless to say, I voted NO, because there are easily 25 more players that should be in the HOF, including Fernando Valenzuela, Bob Boone, Ted Simmons, and Dom DiMaggio.



I hope all of you who read this post today will go to the article written by Graham and vote for your group of 25.


Thanks for reading this, and thanks for loving the greatest game ever invented, the great game of baseball.


Play Ball!



No comments:

Post a Comment