Monday, May 19, 2014

The Detroit Tigers...Baseball's Best

Yes, I know it's only May 19th...the clock just passed midnight as I began to write about my beloved Detroit Tigers, who just finished off a three game sweep of the Boston Red Sox.

The Tigers have won 6 straight games on their current road trip, and 11 consecutive road games overall.

With a 27-12 record, the Detroiter's have big league baseball's best record.

The sweep over the BoSox was the first time the Tigers swept a three game series at Fenway Park since 1983.

I tend not to get excited about my favorite baseball team before June, but the Tigers are becoming a fun team to follow.

The Tigers head to Cleveland to take on the Tribe tomorrow, taking a 7 game American League Central Division lead with them.

First year skipper Brad Ausmus, a former big league catcher with the Tigers, seems to be making all the right moves so far in his rookie debut.

It's a pretty good thing to be able to pencil in Miguel Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter, Raji Davis, Austin Jackson, and Alex Avila in the lineup every day.

Oh, and Ausmus just so happens to have a starting pitching staff of Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, Anibal Sanchez, Rick Porcello, and Drew Smyly.

I'm really enjoying Dan Dickerson's play by play of the Tigers games through MLB.TV on my phone.

Dickerson and former Tigers catcher Jim Price do a terrific job calling the action every game.

Well, that's all for now, just wanted to do a quick post about how well my Tigers are playing so far this year.

Go Tigers!




No comments:

Post a Comment