Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Look for John's Big League Baseball Blog

I've been contemplating for a while now about making some changes to this blog.


I'm not very good at change, and so it took a while for me to start the process, but here we are.

Not all the changes will come today, or tomorrow, but they will start, have started, today.

First, I've changed the design, and the look, of the blog.

The cosmetic changes are intended to be a good thing, hopefully, for both you, the reader, and myself.


I also am going to be adding more content than usual, although, as in the past, my health is what it is, and it will get in the way at times.

Let me say that the format, my love of baseball, and the history of the grand game, will not change.



I will still focus most of my writing on baseball's glorious history, back all the way to the 1869 Redlegs, and beyond.

I will also be doing something that I should have done long ago.






I am a collector of baseball cards, mostly those of the Detroit Tigers, and I will be blogging on my card collection, and the hobby of card collecting, in the blog.


That's a 1969 Topps All-Star Bill Freehan card.






I collect as many different Freehan cards as possible, and I have every base Topps card of Freehan since 1963, his rookie season, card #466.
 I've been collecting baseball cards since the late 1960's, and even though I haven't been as active as I'd like to, I still love opening packs of baseball cards.


Oh, by the way, if you have any of the Justin Verlander card shown on the right, from 2012 Topps Series 2, please let me know, I'd like to trade for it, or buy it from you, if the price is in my budget.





Lastly, I'll be posting articles. posts, and other interesting things, about the Detroit Tigers.





I've been, as you well know, I life long fan of the Tigers, and will write about the current Tigers team, and about the teams, coaches, and players, of the past.



So, I once again would like to say thanks to all of you who take part of your day to read the ramblings of a baseball fan who still thinks baseball is America's Past Time.




Play Ball!!

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment