Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Twitter Tuesday

Sorry about the lack of posts lately.

As usual, my health is mostly to blame.


When my arthritis acts up I find myself barely able to check my email and do a few things on Twitter and Facebook, but no long posts or articles.


This week I'm busy with Vacation Bible School at my church.




This years theme is NYC Big Apple Adventure.


I help out my wife with her 2nd grade boys class, and because we have a New York theme, I though we could use baseball as our theme.


Our boys class is "The Chets Mets" and I'll be writing about our experience later in the week.

As is our custom here on Tuesday, we look at baseball on Twitter.


I recently started following Pastor Paul and the guys over at the Baseball Church.


They post trivia questions about baseball, and have a lot of very cool things about baseball history at their web site, Church of Baseball.com


I received a very nice letter from Pastor Paul, and a membership card that gives me a discount for purchases on the site.


Since we last spoke I found my favorite Atlanta Braves player, Dale Murphy on Twitter, @DaleMurphy3.

I really enjoyed watching Murphy play baseball, and in my opinion, he deserves to be, and should be, in the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

Here's my article on Dale Murphy from September 10th of 2010.

If you want a chance at winning some free money, go to the Baseball Guys,  where you can play fantasy baseball for free and have a chance at winning $$$$$.

I love when baseball graces the covers of magazines.


Here's a look at this week's Sports Illustrated cover, courtesy of the public relations guys for the Yankees.




For you fans of the Detroit Tigers, check out the Roar of the Tigers

This is one of the more creative sites I've seen.

The thing that you'll notice from the start is the art work.


To get the vote out for Detroit Tigers catcher Alex Avila there are various "Vote Avila" artworks being used by Tigers players, media, the fans, all led by Tigers star pitcher Justin Verlander on his Twitter account, @JustinVerlander.

The voting for the All-Star Game ends at 11:59 ET on Thursday night.

For me, the passion over at Roar of the Tigers is another reason why baseball fans are simply the best. 


Our love of the game of baseball is what drives us to set down and write, or in the case of the Roar, to draw, about our great game, the game that surpasses all others.

Until we talk baseball again, may God Bless you.

Play Ball!





No comments:

Post a Comment